Hoffmann Group USA, a Turnkey Solution Partner for Germanic Apprenticeship Programs (GAP), in a partnership with Kamm Consulting Group, LLC, and other corporate sponsors, will provide workstations and tooling for student apprentices to compete in a four-day competition held during this year’s IMTS conference.
Hoffmann Group USA will provide workbenches, tables, cabinetry, hand tools and cutting tools, in addition to donating tooling prizes for the winning teams.
The Agenda for the GAP Partner Apprentice competition will be as follows during normal exhibition hours:
- Monday, September 10 – Press and Media Announcement – Project and Student Reveal & Kick-off (time TBA)
- Tuesday – Friday, September 11-14, 9am to 3pm – Student Apprentice Competition & Showcase Exhibit
- Saturday, September 15 – Press & Media Announcement & Award Ceremony (time TBA)
- Should be currently enrolled in a high school or college apprenticeship program as a Precision Machinist, Tool and Die Maker, CNC Milling Machine Operator or other, similar machinist occupation.
- Will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Who apply will be selected to compete in one of three different levels of competition, including Year 1 (Beginner), Year 2 (Intermediate) and Year 3 (Advanced).
- Who successfully complete the four-day project and prove their competencies in both written and practical exams will receive a NIMS Certificate as proof of their competencies in the skills required for each competition level.
Twelve students will be selected to compete (4 students at each level). High school, college and company sponsors are encouraged to select their best student apprentice candidates in each of these levels and to register their student apprentices to compete in this prestigious event.
Applications will be received, and student apprentices will be selected, on a first-come, first-serve basis. All travel, hotel accommodations, meals, exhibition passes, and all other related expenses will be the responsibility of the student, college and or company sponsors. To register, please contact Bryan Kamm at email@example.com, or call at 813-415-7514.
The GAP Partner Apprentice Competition will take place in the 800 square-foot GAP Partner Exhibit in the Student Summit located at Booth: 215437 Pavilion: Smartforce Student Summit Pavilion.
Based in Knoxville, Tennessee, Hoffmann Group USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Hoffmann Group, Europe’s leading system partner for quality tools. The company offers 62,000 quality tools from 500 of the world’s leading manufacturers including GARANT, Hoffmann’s own premium brand. Hoffmann product lines include hand tools, cutting tools, workstations, and storage options. Hoffmann Group, with an international corporate headquarters in Munich, Germany, combines trading competence with leadership in both manufacturing and service. This combination guarantees reliability in supply, quality, and productivity in the tooling sector to more than 135,000 customers. The company, with its worldwide partners and over 2,500 employees, serves major companies as well as medium-sized and small companies in more than 50 countries.